Mental Capacity Assessor Jobs
Are You Looking For A New Challenge In Your Career?
We are recruiting Social Workers, Registered Mental Health Nurses, Registered General Nurses, Registered Learning Disability Nurses, Occupational Therapists and Speech & Language Therapists who are passionate about mental capacity and who are skilled in completing mental capacity assessments.
Working for TSF, you will complete mental capacity assessments remotely via video-link and face-to-face in your local area and complete related documentation to the highest standard. As well as the opportunity to specialise further in mental capacity, you will benefit from TSF’s expertise, training and in-house quality monitoring to support you through the assessment process.
You will be required to assess and certify individuals’ capacity in line with the MCA (2005) guidance and appropriate case law, and to complete detailed reports to a high standard, requiring excellent written skills.
Full-time and part time positions are available, on either a full or part time or zero hours contractual basis: please contact us to discuss your preferred hours.
Salary: £39,000 FTE pa
TSF are a Mental Capacity Assessment company based in Gloucestershire, with a team of assessors throughout England and Wales.
We complete both face-to-face and remote mental capacity assessments via video-link, mainly for the legal and financial sector.
Our assessments include, but are not limited to, Lasting Power of Attorney, COP3, Property & Finance, Testamentary, Litigation, Sale of Property, Acting as a Trustee or Executor and Equity Release.
Why Choose TSF Assessments?
- We are a leading and established mental capacity assessment company.
- We are a very supportive, friendly team.
- Excellent rates of pay.
- We can offer flexible, remote working.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Preparing for mental capacity assessments in line with our operating procedures.
- Conducting mental capacity assessments to a high standard, both face-to-face and remotely, as set out by the Mental Capacity Act and in accordance with all relevant case law.
- Ensuring all contact with clients and instructing parties respects and promotes equality, diversity and the rights of the client at all times.
- Writing mental capacity assessment reports to a high standard and submitting Court of Protection documentation.
- Keeping up to date with case law and current debate within the field of mental capacity.
- Working as part of a team to continually develop and improve our service provision.
Essential Knowledge And Experience:
- A qualification in a health or social care related field to degree level or equivalent.
- Registration with professional body in line with your profession, e.g. Social Work England, HCPC, NMC etc.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the MCA (2005).
- Experience of conducting mental capacity assessments.
- A keen interest in mental capacity issues and advances in best practice.
- Completion of robust and detailed mental capacity reports to the highest standard, that can withstand court scrutiny.
- Awareness of data protection and upholding client confidentiality.
- Risk assessment, risk management and following lone working procedures.
- Using online software programmes and video call platforms.
Desired Knowledge And Experience:
- Specialist practice and clinical knowledge of different client groups e.g. mental health illness, dementia, learning disabilities and brain injury.
- Working with people with communication difficulties.
- Knowledge of relevant case law.
- Completing mental capacity assessments for a wide range of decisions and Court of Protection applications.
Complete the form below to apply for the position: